History of Ancient Greece (Middle School)
September 14th-December 21st (New Style)
Available Times (EST):
For any questions regarding registration, please e-mail email@example.com or call (215) 987-2655.
In this introductory class on ancient Greek history, we will focus on the lives of famous Greeks, men who played an integral role in the history of ancient Greece and whose example and ideas play an integral role in history to the present day. We will look at ancient Sparta and Athens. Students will learn of the important men and events that shaped ancient Greece, all from an Orthodox perspective. A strong emphasis will be placed on reading comprehension, memorization of key events, geography, and vocabulary.
- Acquire a basic understanding of Ancient Greek history
- Further develop reading comprehension skills as they pertain to historical narrative
- Understand the significance of Ancient Greek history for present-day life
- Understand the significance of Ancient Greek history for the Orthodox Christian
- Famous Men of Greece (The instructor requests that you purchase the hard copy, not the digital textbook.)
• Other materials as distributed by the instructor
Instructional Format: A class will be held each week in real-time, using the Zoom webconferencing system. In addition, video lessons will be sent out through the week. Students will be expected to watch these lessons each week, completing any activities sent out with the video.
Office Hours: The instructor will be available by appointment each week. Office hours will be conducted using Zoom.
Students will need to read, study, practice almost every day. This is how we get good at things, by doing them regularly.
The number and frequency of assignments may be adjusted at the instructor’s discretion to accommodate variations in student progress.